Friday 23 May 2014
The winning four families, who will be selected from regional categories, will feature across Cadw’s summer advertising campaign and will enjoy free entry to Cadw sites for a year, along with entry to selected ticketed events.
From medieval castles to Roman ruins, ancient burial chambers to industrial gems, and captivating abbeys to majestic palaces, Cadw cares for 129 historic sites across Wales, and is looking for families that would love to spend their summer exploring them.
John Griffiths, Minister for Culture and Sport said: 'The aim of the campaign is to engage and encourage families to visit and enjoy historic monuments across Wales over the summer season.
'It’s important to look at new approaches to promote and encourage visitors to explore and celebrate Wales’s history, and this campaign is a good example of using contemporary tools such as social media to engage and generate an interest in Wales’s heritage with new audiences.'
The competition, which is open to entries until 9 June, invites families to enter via a dedicated app on the Cadw Facebook page.
Entrants must submit a recent picture of their family and explain how they’d begin their time travel adventure at Cadw sites this summer.
All entries will be displayed in a gallery on the app and Facebook users will be invited to ‘like’ their favourite to vote for the winners. The families with the highest number of ‘likes’ from each regional category — north-west/mid Wales, north-east/mid Wales, south-west Wales and south-east Wales — will be crowned Cadw’s Family Faces.
How to enter
- Go to facebook.com/cadwwales
- ‘Like’ the page to begin using the app. (Please note the Facebook app is not compatible with smartphones.)
- Use the app to upload a recent picture of your family and tell Cadw how you’d begin your time travel adventure and why you deserve to win (the app can be found next to photos and ‘Likes’ in the toolbar near the top of the page)
- Include your contact details
- Once your entry appears in the gallery, share and ask your Facebook friends to vote! The entries with the most number of ‘likes’ from each region wins!