Monday 15 September 2014
Visitors can take part in the ‘Cadw Shape Game’ for a chance to win £100 worth of art materials. All Cadw staffed sites will be taking part in the festival, dubbed the “world’s largest drawing festival”, which this year is based on the theme ‘It’s Our World’ which aims to encourage people to draw their rural environments.
Big Draw aims to get more people drawing and to use drawing as a way for people to explore the past, the present and future. Whether putting pencil to paper for the first time or a life-long drawing aficionado, Big Draw is designed for all levels of abilities – the important things is to get back to the drawing board!
Big Draw takes place in October in twenty two different countries and over 280,000 people take part every year. Hundreds of new and enjoyable drawing activities connect people of all ages with museums, outdoor spaces, artists – and each other. Big Draw events highlight the power of drawing to help people see, think, invent and take action, and aims to raise the profile of drawing as a tool for thought, creativity, social and cultural engagement.
The drawing sheets with the abstract images of different Cadw sites are available here. The completed drawing should be handed into the site or sent in to the following address: ‘Cadw Shape Game’, Welsh Government, Plas Carew, Unit 5/7, Cefn Coed, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff, CF15 7QQ. Closing date is the 31st of October. The drawings will then be judged by a professional artist and the winner notified. The prize is a selection of top quality artists materials.
Entrants can also join in through posting their entries on Cadw’s Facebook page or mention @CadwWales on Twitter, using the hashtag #bigdraw.
Competition: terms and conditions
• Prize includes 2 X Windsor & Newton 16 X 12” canvas panels, a Beechwood storage box, a Reeves Acrylic paints set, Royal Brush: Soft Grip Brush set, an A3 Windsor & Newton Artists Watercolour Pad, a tin of Staedtler Mars lumograph sketching pencils, a Daler-Rowney 160 gsm Fine Grain Drawing Cartridge Pad and 24 X Derwent Inktense Pads.
• Prizes stated are non-refundable.
• The closing date for competition entries is the 31 October 2014 at midnight.
• Users must submit their entries at Cadw sites or via post to ‘Cadw Shape Game’, Welsh Government, Plas Carew, Units 5/7, Cefn Coed, Parc Nantgarw, Cardiff, CF15 7QQ.
• The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of country of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Cadw relating to any post-winning publicity.
• Inappropriate or offensive entries will be rejected from the competition.
• Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Cadw, Welsh Government and other associated organisations.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
• Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplers’ terms and conditions.
• In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) can’t be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
• Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
• The Promoter is Cadw, Welsh Government, Plas Carew, Unit 5/7, Cefn Coed, Parc Nantgarw, CF15 7QQ.