Recruitment — Job Vacancies
Working in Cadw provides an opportunity to develop knowledge of the Welsh heritage and tourism sectors. Here, you can gain a real understanding and see at first hand what our heritage service core business and key responsibilities are all about.
As part of the Welsh Government we offer many benefits, including extensive training opportunities to develop our staff, flexible working (available to some) pension schemes and of course the chance to be a part of a committed team who are proud to be working for the leading Welsh heritage organisation.
Cadw offers career opportunities at locations right across Wales and has teams dealing with:
- Heritage protection programmes
- Conservation and maintenance works planning and implementation via Cadwraeth Cymru and external contractors.
- Design, maintenance and management of public access and visitor facilities at properties in care.
- Management of the sites in Cadw’s care, including staffing, day to day operations, cyclical maintenance and site safety issues.
- Maximising public involvement, understanding and appreciation of the historic environment of Wales through managing and promoting access to information about the historic environment and extending understanding of the Welsh historic environment through interpretation, lifelong learning, publications and web services.
- The budgetary control of all project and maintenance programmes.
- Facilities and estate management matters, including legal/land management issues, site data logging and co-ordination of existing and new studies and action relating to DDA access, hazard identification, ecology issues, fire risks, asset and disaster management, and site safety.
- The delivery of the EU Convergence funded Heritage Tourism Project.
- Professional - conservation archaeologists and architects who advise, guide and manage our projects and programmes.
- Publication, marketing and interpretation specialists who oversee our website information, guidebooks, history books, general guidance booklets, and site information and promotion of Cadw.
- Custodians who manage the daily running of the sites.
- Craft - skilled stonemasons and carpenters who carry out maintenance work.
- Administrative staff who run the behind the scenes operation organising our events, contracts, finance etc.
- The diverse nature of the jobs we offer means that you don’t necessarily need qualifications to join us and you will be given the opportunity to train, study and develop.
Details of external recruitment and career opportunities throughout the Welsh Government, including Cadw, can be found by visiting the Appoint system on the Welsh Government website.
Civil Service careers and recruitment information can be found on https://jobsstatic.civilservice.gov.uk/csjobs.html
Currently, we are not recruiting with any frequency or regularity and we are only able to accept applications in response to individual advertisements. However, if we were to recruit we would normally expect to advertise through the Welsh Government website, Job Centre or the local press and in some instances the national press and specialist publications.