Substantial remains of Cistercian abbey, originally founded as a house of the order of Savigny in 1131, and remodelled in the thirteenth century and later.
Further visitor information is available on the Greenfield Valley Museum and Heritage Park website.
This site is included in our pamphlet guide, ‘Basingwerk Abbey’
Current times and prices
1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017
Daily 10.00am - 4.00pm
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
Closed 24, 25, 26 December and 1 January
View all opening times and prices
Facilities and information
View all visitor information
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- There are a number of disabled spaces
- Toilets available at the Greenfield Valley visitor centre
Road Just S of A548, near Greenfield, 1m (1.6km) NE of Holywell
Rail Flint 4m (6.4km)
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0871 200 2233 or National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.