Although originally established soon after 1100, much of the castle dates from the fourteenth century and later. Parts were rebuilt following the siege by Owain Glyn Dŵr in 1404-05.
This site is included in our guidebook, ‘Coity Castle — Ogmore Castle — Newcastle (Bridgend)’
The tower is locked until further notice for safety reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Current times and prices
1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017
Daily 10.00am - 4.00pm
View all opening times and prices
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
Closed 24, 25, 26 December and 1 January
Road Coity, 2m (3.2km) NE of Bridgend, off A4061.
Rail Bridgend 2m (3.2km).