A jam packed weekend of activities this Bank Holiday!
Knights will do battle to conquer the land, jesters and musicians will entertain, and the townsfolk will demonstrate how life was in medieval Wales. There will be demonstrations of medieval life, living history, crafts, games, armoury talks, archery displays, sword fighting, music and more.
The chapel will play host to musicians who will play and sing traditional Welsh and medieval music on their instruments.
There will be birds of prey to see - you can learn how these birds were used in medieval times, and there will be a chance to hold one of these magnificent birds. Children will have the opportunity to make owl masks, learn about the birds and even dissect an owl pellet.
Dragons will roam the castle, and you can even join in the dragon land speed record!
Jesters will entertain and get up to mischief, and perform some fantastic skills and dangerous stunts.
And there will also be craft and food stalls offering varied gifts and refreshments throughout the day.
Dates, times and prices
26 Aug - 28 Aug 2017
10am - 5pm
Adult - £6.50
Family - £19.30*
Senior citizens, students and children under 16 - £4.20
Member - Am ddim / free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim / free
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- Limited on street parking, pay and display parking nearby
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Assistance dogs only
- From November 2017, dogs on leads will be welcome at the castle. Please dispose of dog foul responsibly, away from the monument.
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- No smoking
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website http://www.noflydrones.co.uk
Postcode LL58 8AP
Road A545 (Menai Bridge) A5 (Bangor).
Rail 15km/9mls Bangor, Crewe-Bangor/Holyhead route.
Bus Ena’s 100m/110yards, routes 53/57/58 Bangor-Beaumaris-Llandonna/Penmon.
Bike NCN Route No.5 (5km/3mls).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0871 200 2233 or National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.