Beaumaris Castle Easter Fun Weekend.
The castle will welcome warrior knights who will take you back to how life was during medieval times. Come and join in all the fun and see what life was like 700 years ago.
There will be different activities on different days, so please check what's happening.
All weekend there will be a Knights School where children and adults can try on armour, join in a spear drill and see how archers attacked and defended the castle. There will be crafts, living history demonstrations and birds of prey. Also, in the birds of prey area, children will be able to make their own paper cup Easter owls which will include some tasty treats.
On Good Friday and Easter Saturday there will be a large encampment in the inner ward, with lots of living history and demonstrations.
On Easter Sunday and Monday there will be a knighting ceremony, archery tournament, squire and weapon training, dressing as a knight and a knights tournament.
The Easter Egg trail will be on the Sunday and Monday only.
Dates, times and prices
30 Mar - 02 Apr 2018
10.00am - 5.00pm
Adult - £6.90
Family - £20.00 *
Member - Am ddim/Free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim/Free
Student and children under 16 - £4.10
Senior Citizen - £5.50
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- Limited on street parking, pay and display parking nearby
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- From November 2017, dogs on leads will be welcome at the castle. Please dispose of dog foul responsibly, away from the monument.
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- No smoking
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website http://www.noflydrones.co.uk
Postcode LL58 8AP
Road A545 (Menai Bridge) A5 (Bangor).
Rail 15km/9mls Bangor, Crewe-Bangor/Holyhead route.
Bus Ena’s 100m/110yards, routes 53/57/58 Bangor-Beaumaris-Llandonna/Penmon.
Bike NCN Route No.5 (5km/3mls).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50.