Beaumaris Castle welcomes House of the Black Star medieval society, who will recreate life in the castle as it was back in the heyday of the castles.
Children can come along and take part in special knight schools where they will enjoy a spear drill, try on some armour and see how archers defended and attacked the castles back in medieval times. There will be lots of crafts and demonstrations of medieval life, and birds of prey to see.
Watch and shout for your favourite knight as they battle in the fight arena. Who will prevail to victory?
Dates, times and prices
15 Apr - 17 Apr 2017
11.00am - 4.00pm
Adult - £6.50
Family - £19.30*
Senior citizens, students and children under 16 - £4.20
Member - Am Ddim/Free
Disabled and companion - Am Ddim/Free
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- Limited on street parking, pay and display parking nearby
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Assistance dogs only
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- No smoking
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website http://www.noflydrones.co.uk
Postcode LL58 8AP
Road A545 (Menai Bridge) A5 (Bangor).
Rail 15km/9mls Bangor, Crewe-Bangor/Holyhead route.
Bus Ena’s 100m/110yards, routes 53/57/58 Bangor-Beaumaris-Llandonna/Penmon.
Bike NCN Route No.5 (5km/3mls).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0871 200 2233 or National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.