Spend an hour or so with the Cilgerran History Man! The opportunity to discover more about this fascinating site from a man who loves his history as much as we do.
Joing the local historian for a guided walk and talk around the castle. Plenty of anecdotes and examination of the ruins that bring the castle and its inhabitants to life.
Learn more about the story of the castle and understand how and why it was built, what life was like here, and how the castle fits into local history and the wider context of the history of Wales.
Tours at 11.00am and 2.00pm
Dates, times and prices
20 Jun 2018
11.00am - 3.00pm
Adult - £4.00
Family - £11.60*
Member - Am ddim / free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim / free
Student and child under 16 - £2.40
Senior Citizen - £3.20
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- A toilet is available for users with a disability and limited mobility
- National Trust members admitted free on production of valid membership cards. (Cilgerran Castle is a National Trust property that it is in the guardianship of Cadw.)
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website
Postcode SA43 2SF
Road Main roads to Cilgerran from A478 & A484.
Rail Haverfordwest 50km/31mls Swansea -West Wales Line.
Bus 3m (5km) Cardigan, route No 412, Haverfordwest-Cardigan
Bike NCN Route No.82 (200m/218yards).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50.