Celebrate 750 years of Caerphilly Castle with a monster medieval birthday bash!
Join Historia Normannis in marking 750 years of Caerphilly Castle.
Cheer as the knights march through the town to the Castle. Pick your side as the two camps do battle. Combat displays, siege weapons and stunt teams will make this an unforgettable Easter and a fitting celebration of 750 years of Caerphilly Castle.
Siege engines due to be fired 1 and 2 April.
Dates, times and prices
30 Mar - 02 Apr 2018
11.00am - 4.00pm
Adult - £8.50
Family - £24.60*
Member - Am ddim / free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim / free
Student and children under 16 - £5.10
Senior Citizen - £6.80
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- Disabled visitors can be dropped off by car at the main entrance
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- A toilet is available for users with a disability and limited mobility
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website
Postcode CF83 1JD
Road A468 (from Newport), M4 (J32), A470, A469 (from Cardiff).
Rail 1km/0.6mls Caerphilly, on the Cardiff-Bargoed Rhymney route.
Bus Opposite, Caerphilly/Islwyn No 26, Cardiff-Caerphilly/Tredegar.
Bike NCN Route No.4 (200m/219yards).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50.