Cadw offers interactive education activities, led by costumed characters and specific to each location, at the following sites:
All these individual activities, which support experiential learning, are for groups of up to 30 pupils per session, with accompanying adults — All are subject to availability, opening times (see individual site pages links above).
Please note: a) We may need to combine smaller groups to fill an activity; b) If you have larger groups, speak to sites about options — they can guide on splitting group, combining activities with self led exploration of the wider site, a visit to another local site, or with other activities on site or with third parties — subject to availability; c) some sites are unheated and require warm clothing over the winter period.
To book your education activity, please follow these simple steps:
1. Choose the Foundation Phase or Key stage 2 education activity and site from the selection in North Wales Education Activities or South Wales Education Activities
2. Contact the site to check the availability and provisionally book the activity.
3. Only once you have agreed an activity, date and time with the site, read our standard visit terms and conditions (with required adult to pupil ratios) and note points 5,6&7 below, you should complete the appropriate online booking form.
• Booking form — Foundation Phase education activities
• Booking form — Key Stage 2 education activities
4. Once the online booking form has been received at site, this will be taken as confirmation of your availability to attend the session, and the site will confirm your booking by email.
5. If you should need to cancel your booking please do so as soon as possible — and endeavor to do so by 5 days in advance at latest — to enable us to cancel with our contractors, or re-assign. Failure to do so may preclude you from making future activity bookings.
6. Groups are to arrive at site half hour before your activity timeslot — If you are going to be delayed please notify the site. Admission to the activity may not be possible to groups which arrive later than half an hour of the time arranged for the visit, as after this time we may open the activity to other visitors at the site, so as not to waste our investment.
7. While we have removed the charge for our activities (which we hope will help you off-set the transport costs to visit us) they come at a cost to us — we therefore more than ever need to prove their worth. So once you have completed a learning activity visit at site, please provide us with your feedback using: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3NNFJTF