Cadw has working relationships with partners who deliver activities that align with our own, have been informed by Cadw, or use our sites. These are not delivered by Cadw and unlike our own education offers charges may apply — but may support your learning and combining with a visit to a Cadw site.
• Victorians: The following can be combined with a visit to Castell Coch and our Castell Coch Victorian Resources to explore the lives of rich and poor, supporting KS2 history topic around changes to people’s daily lives in the locality in the nineteenth century
• Glamorgan Archives: pupils look at life for poor Victorians in south Wales, learning about school, working lives, houses, furniture and appliances; and investigate life in the workhouse. This half day research activity is currently free of charge. For further information or to book, email email@example.com or call 029 20872299.
• Cardiff Story Museum: pupils use artefacts, images, costume and interactive games to learn about life in Victorian Cardiff. Pupils will see what life was like for upper, middle and lower class families. This half day activity costs £4 per learner. For further information or to book, email Cardiffstory@cardiff.gov.uk or call 02920 346214.
World War I and II — The following Museum activities take place inside the walls of Caernarfon Castle:
• Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum — World War I: Hear stories about the soldiers from WW1 with photographs and artefacts to handle. You will be led on a tour of the Museum. There will be activities for the children to complete and a chance to dress up. There is also the possibility available for work on remembrance and war memorials if desired. 2 hour education activity, Monday — Thursday. For further information or to book call: 01286 673362.
• Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum — World War II : Hear stories from the War from the aspect of the Home Front with photographs and artefacts to handle. There will be an opportunity to learn about rationing, evacuees and the Blitz. You will be led on a tour of the Museum. There will be activities for the children to complete and a chance to dress up. 2 hour education activity, Monday — Thursday, For further information or to book call: 01286 673362.