20% discount on all wedding bookings
Caerphilly Castle is the second largest castle in Britain. It not only has a magnificent moat and an impressive fourteenth-century great hall, but it is also fully equipped with modern catering facilities.
The Great Hall is available for a civil ceremony and a reception and/or an evening event every day. The function can take place either during the afternoon or in the afternoon and the evening, and the ceremony can take place any time between 12pm-7pm.
Bookings for the hire of Caerphilly Great Hall can be taken up to 13 months in advance of the date. For example, bookings for any date in June 2016 can be taken from the first working day in May 2015. Please note that Caerphilly Great Hall is closed in January.
If you would like to get married at Caerphilly Castle, you should first check with us whether the Great Hall is available, and then contact the local authority registrar on 01443 863478 to make sure they’re available to conduct your ceremony, before making a provisional booking.
The Great Hall holds a maximum of 200 people for any function. For a formal seated function, a maximum of 150 is recommended. Once the booking has been secured, you will be able to make your own catering arrangements.
To find out more, enquire about availability and make a booking please contact the commercial team on 0300 0257182.
Please note that once the booking has been confirmed you will need to sign our Location Agreement, and provide us with a copy of your Public Liability Insurance one month prior to the function.
"Our Wedding day was spectacular and we received so many compliments from our guests on the venue. The event was a success and I commend all the staff at Cadw for their hard work and positive approach to event planning. I found that the venue was good value for money. Being able to source your own suppliers is a great way of adding those personal touches to your day and ensuring you receive a bespoke wedding."
Lowri and David
- Free recce of the Great Hall for the bridal party
- Includes the use of the Great Hall, fully equipped kitchen and bar area
- Access for your supplies from 9:30 for an all day function and 16:00 for an evening function
- Maximum of 23 round tables of 5ft diameter and approx. 180 chairs. (Different to ones featured in photos above) The head table is 4m long
- Wedding photography in areas that are open to the public on the day of your function
"Typical fairytale wedding. A magical day. You could not wish for a better venue if you, like me, wanted the typical fairytale wedding. All the facilities you need are there, and with such a wonderful backdrop you don't need to arrange to go from your wedding venue for the photographs."
Hire fees — 2019
- Evening — 7.00pm to 12 midnight, access from 4.00pm — £1,194 / £956*
- All day (Sat) — afternoon and evening 12 noon to 12 midnight — £2,400 / £1,920*
- All day (Fri & Sun) — afternoon and evening 12 noon to 12 midnight — £1,860 / £1,488*
- All day (Weekdays) — afternoon and evening 12 noon to 12 midnight — £1,194 / £956*
*20% wedding promotion discount
Access to the Great Hall to set up before the day is discretionary, and additional charges will apply. Cadw reserves the right to charge a conditional refundable bond.
Charges are including VAT
Please be aware, we are only accepting bookings until the end of 2019.
The Great Hall will be closed from 2020 until further notice for conservation and developmental work.