Cadw, the Welsh Government’s historic environment service, is looking to enhance the visitor experience at the World Heritage Site and have tapped into Visit Wales’ Tourism Attractor Destination programme to secure a £3.3m programme.
The current proposals for the Kings Gate include:
• First ever level access to the upper embattlements of any similar UK World Heritage site, providing a unique experience for those with mobility issues
• Developing imaginative, interactive and immersive experiences e.g. virtual reality
• Significant conservation works to the gate
• A lightweight, glazed lift to gain access throughout King’s Gate leading to a new viewing deck
• Educational and event space
• Accessible toilet facilities
• The provision of a light snack and refreshments area
• Increased and improved retail space within the King’s Gate Tower area
Over 100 people have already provided their views and thoughts at the pop-up consultation event on Castle Square, Caernarfon on 26 and 27 November.
The following survey is a further opportunity to share your views on the proposals.
Please note the closing date for completing the survey is Monday 8 April 2019.
All submissions to this survey will remain anonymous and no personal information will be captured.
All the information captured through this survey will be processed by Cadw to help inform the Kings Gate project.
To consent to taking part and sharing your views, please click next