Prepare to experience medieval Wales like never before — and all available within general site admission…
Our Kids’ History Festival will officially close at Beaumaris Castle’sMedieval Extravaganza event — which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in summer 2019.
Taking place on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August, the final celebration will see Beaumaris Castle bursting at the seams with an abundance of medieval-themed activities and family-friendly entertainment — including:
- Jaw-dropping battle re-enactments
- Heart-stopping weaponry demonstrations
- Knight School
- Jester workshops with Flotsam the Fool
- Interactive dragon parades
- Medieval food-tasting
- Birds-of-prey flying displays
- Arts-and-crafts activities
- Medieval musical entertainment
- Circus School
- Meet-and-greet entertainment with the Alchemy Dragons
- Story-telling sessions with the Castle Executioner
- Living history performances and demonstrations within a pop-up medieval village
- Medieval character sketching sessions with upcoming Welsh artist and illustrator, Efa Lois.
Plus, if you think you’ve got what it takes to design and build your very own medieval fortress, put your skills to the ultimate test at one of our ever-popular Lego castle building workshops.
Suitable for children age 5+, the Lego workshops will be available on a first-come-first-served basis, with four, one-hour workshops taking place outside the film room on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August.
These will be available between 10.30am and 11.30am, 11.45am and 12.45am, 2pm and 3pm and 3.15pm and 4.15pm. Please arrive early to book a place and avoid disappointment.
Suitable for children of all ages, Efa Lois will host two drop-in sketching workshops at the castle each day. The first drop-in session will take place between 11am and 12pm and the second will take place between 2pm and 4pm. Colouring sheets will be available for younger children.
With no pre-booking required, entry to the Beaumaris Castle Medieval Extravaganza event will be included within general site admission fees.
Cadw members will be granted free entry.
Unlimited access to Wales's past
Join Cadw for as little as £1.50 a month and gain unlimited access to over 100 historical sites.
Enjoy the many benefits of Cadw membership
- 10% off Cadw gift shops
- 50% off entry to English Heritage and Historic Scotland sites
- FREE entry to English Heritage and Historic Scotland on renewal
- FREE entry to Manx National Heritage properties
- FREE membership pack including car sticker and full colour map