A 15th Century double-nave church in a village setting. Mediaeval features include part of a rood screen, a mosaic of stained glass believed to be from the original East window, a 14th Century memorial to a knight and a large parish chest. Early 18th Century lychgate. The 1872 restoration by John Dando Sedding includes a stained-glass window by Nathaniel Westlake. The churchyard contains a 15th Century preaching cross and several ancient yew trees, the oldest estimated to be 780 years old.
Copies of the Parish Registers will be available to view.
St Cynfarch & St Mary Church, Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd LL15 2RU
The church is just off the A525 (Ruthin-Wrexham) road. If travelling by car please park in the Village Hall car park which, if coming from Ruthin, is on the left when approaching the 30 mph sign; if travelling from the Wrexham direction the car park is on the right after the White Horse public house. Public Transport: Llanfair DC is served by the X51, 55, & 76 bus services
Re-ordering work is planned for the rear (West end) of the church so access to this area will not be available. Otherwise the church is fully accessible.