Free Self-led Supported Visits
Cadw offers free self-led supported visits, at Cadw staffed sites where charges are normally applied, to support qualifying organisations working with families and individuals with complex needs.
It facilitates visits to Cadw sites by:
- local authority family services teams, for individuals, families and/or groups working towards improving their circumstances.
- rehabilitation charities, such as MIND and those supporting Dementia
- agencies involved in rehabilitation following drug and alcohol dependency
- agencies supporting Back to Work initiatives
- fusion activities supporting above
- family Holiday Association organised groups
- group visits by organisations representing asylum seekers, as listed in terms and conditions.
This scheme only covers supported visits which take place outside of peak visit times. All additional fee paying public events at Cadw sites are excluded. All bookings are subject to availability and the discretion of the site.
How to book
To book your free Supported Visit, please follow these simple steps:
- Please ensure you have read, understand and can comply with our terms and conditions
- Telephone the site to check the availability for the date you’d like to visit. Please book your visit at least 5 working days in advance. Less than this and although we will do our best to process your booking, we cannot guarantee a free visit.
- Only once you have agreed a date and time with the site, complete the online booking form
- Bookings must contain the contact details of the person who will be leading the group on the day of the visit.
- By booking a free Supported Visit you agree to accept the terms and conditions of entry.
- Are recommended to undertake a free pre-planning visit to familiarise themselves with site
- Must complete their own risk assessment for their group - online Hazard Information Sheets are available to assist with this requirement.
- Are to have clear learning objectives related to the site being visited and planned learning activities for the visit.
- Ensure the correct adult to child ratio are maintained throughout the visit
- Must take full responsibility for the behaviour and welfare of the group for the duration of the visit. All signage and safety warnings on the property must be obeyed, site staff should be treated with respect and any requests they make acted upon appropriately — Cadw site staff reserve the right to ask groups to leave the site if the behavior of group members is disruptive to other visitors or endangers the health and safety of any person or people on the site.
- May be asked to supply proof of status and details of the organisation you belong to or the educational work planned on site.
- Ensure Group arrives within half an hour of the time arranged for the visit. Admission may not be possible to parties which arrive outside of this time frame
- Inform the site at least a week prior to your visit if you intend to bring more adults than you originally booked for. If you do not, any additional adults may be required to pay the entrance fee.
- Contact the site directly and promptly if you need to change the time of arrival, cancel the visit, or if you are unavoidably delayed.
- Supported visits must not be resold, used for commercial gain, advertised or used to provide entry to third parties or non-educational members of a group.
And be aware that
- If we believe for any reason that a booking has been made in breach of these terms and conditions we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to refuse free admittance and charge the standard full entry price.
- Any group or organisation found in breach of the terms will not be permitted entry and may be barred from accessing the scheme in future. We will contact the relevant authorities if there’s evidence of fraudulent activity.
- These terms and conditions and all disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with the same shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Adverse weather conditions occasionally cause sites to be closed at short notice for health and safety reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but it is not possible to give teachers advance notice on these rare occasions. Please contact the site before travelling.