What we do
Cadw is the Welsh Government’s historic environment service.
Caring for our historic places, inspiring current and future generations.
Our work serves a greater purpose — protecting our historic places so they can continue to inspire generations to come. We look back in order that we can see ahead.
A Wales where our historic places are cared for, understood and shared by everyone.
Our historic places continue to play a vital role in shaping modern Wales. They provide a living link to our diverse histories and help us make sense our place in a changing world.
We are working for an accessible and well-protected historic environment for Wales.
We do this by:
- helping to care for our historic environment for the benefit of people today and in the future
- promoting the development of the skills that are needed to look after our historic environment properly
- helping people to cherish and enjoy our historic environment
- making our historic environment work for our economic well-being
- working with partners to achieve our common goals together.
Cadw is part of the Welsh Government’s Arts and Sport Department and is answerable to the Deputy Minister, Dawn Bowden MS.