Our reopening update
With guidance from Welsh Government, we’ve reopened many of our 130 heritage sites around Wales. Pre-booking tickets for our reopened staffed sites is essential, please familiarise yourself with our guidance to help you plan your visit safely.
From Monday 9 November, tickets cannot be sold to anyone resident outside of Wales, or to groups with more than 4 people over the age of 10yrs unless all are living within the same household; you may be asked to show proof of residence.
- read our latest guidance on how to book tickets and visit us safely
- check our individual site pages for up-to-date information on opening times and facilities
Our unstaffed sites are free to visit and do not require pre-booking — please check our list of open and unstaffed sites:
Historic Environment sector update
During these difficult times, Cadw will continue to provide our services and support for the Welsh historic environment as best we can. We will also work closely with heritage sector organisations across Wales to ensure that we all offer support for any queries you may have or practical issues that need to be addressed. Use the following links to get details about Cadw’s response, financial support available to the sector and other useful advice and information.
Unlimited access to Wales's past
Join Cadw for as little as £1.50 a month and gain unlimited access to over 100 historical sites.
Enjoy the many benefits of Cadw membership
- 10% off Cadw gift shops
- 50% off entry to English Heritage and Historic Scotland sites
- FREE entry to English Heritage and Historic Scotland on renewal
- FREE entry to Manx National Heritage properties
- FREE membership pack including car sticker and full colour map