Cadw Monument Pass Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all categories of the Cadw Monument Pass Scheme.
The Monument Pass is the card issued to members of the public which enables access into Cadw’s historic sites. The Monument Passholder is the person named on the Monument Pass.
1. The Monument Pass entitles the Monument Passholder to free entry to their selected Cadw site only. Each card is valid for a total of three years from the date of issue. It does not include the range of other benefits that full Cadw Membership provides. As part of your membership you will also receive an email newsletter.
2. A Cadw Monument Pass can be obtained for any ONE of the following Cadw sites:
Beaumaris Castle, Blaenavon Ironworks, Caerleon Roman Fortress and Baths, Caernarfon Castle, Caerphilly Castle, Castell Coch, Chepstow Castle, Cilgerran Castle, Conwy Castle, Criccieth Castle, Denbigh Castle, Harlech Castle, Kidwelly Castle, Laugharne Castle, Oxwich Castle, Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House, Raglan Castle, Rhuddlan Castle, Rug Chapel, Strata Florida Abbey, St Davids Bishop’s Palace, Tintern Abbey, Tretower Court and Castle and Valle Crucis Abbey.
3. Joint managed and free sites are excluded from the scheme, including but not limited to Carreg Cennen Castle, Dolwyddelan Castle, Margam Stones Museum and Weobley Castle.
4. Existing Local Residents’ Pass holders may exchange their card for a Pass for any of the participating Cadw sites.
5. The Monument Pass may only be used by the person to whom it was issued and it is not transferable. Entry is only valid with photo ID by the Pass holder only. Cadw reserves the right to refuse entry if it is deemed that the Pass does not belong to the bearer.
6. The Pass holder may only hold a Cadw Monument Pass for one Cadw paid-entry site.
7. The Monument Pass is not valid for admission into any English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage site.
8. The personal data that Cadw collects is necessary to enable us to administer your contract. Cadw will share your data with Equinox, a third party agency, to administer your Cadw Monument Pass. Your data will not be shared with any other third parties outside the administration of your pass.
10. The Monument Pass shall entitle the Monument Passholder to free entry into Cadw paying sites during normal opening hours for those sites. Free entry to Cadw paying sites or parts of sites will not normally be allowed on special occasions or event days which are outside normal opening hours. Cadw reserves the right to impose additional charges for special events and exhibitions at Cadw sites and possession of a Monument Pass shall not entitle the Monument Passholder to free entry to special events and/or exhibitions.
11. To gain discounted or free entry to any sites or purchase Cadw discounted priced goods, the Monument Pass must be produced (photocopies will not be accepted). If the Monument Pass is not produced, the full charge for entry or full purchase price must be paid and the Membership Passholder shall not be entitled to any refund of those payments.
12. The Monument Pass remains the property of Cadw. If the Monument Pass is lost, the Monument Pass Cardholder must apply to Cadw for a replacement Monument Pass which will be charged at the applicable full fee.
13. The giving of incorrect information with the intent of defrauding Cadw, or improper use of the Monument Pass, will result in forfeiture of the Monument Pass.
14. A failure by the Monument Passholder to make any payment due and owing to Cadw will result in forfeiture of the Monument Pass card.
15. Monument Passes are available for all individuals 5 years old and above (entry is free to Cadw sites for children up to their 5th birthday).
16. The Cadw Monument Pass has no monetary value, cannot be resold, auctioned or exchanged and cannot be redeemed in whole or part for cash.
17. Cadw reserves the right to offer to withdraw the Cadw Monument Pass scheme at any time deemed necessary owing to circumstances outside their reasonable control.
18. Cadw reserves the right to withdraw discounted and/or free entry at any or all Cadw, English Heritage, Historic Scotland or Manx Heritage sites at any time on reasonable notice. Such notice will be posted onto the Cadw website (gov.wales/cadw)
19. Cadw reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions or the benefits available to Monument Passholders at any time by posting any changes on the Cadw website. Any changes will take place on the date that they are posted onto the website. You are advised to check these terms and conditions regularly for updates.
20. When joining the Cadw Monument Pass Scheme online, you should receive any confirmation email(s) within 10 minutes. If you do not please check any junk or spam folders. If the confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours please contact the Cadw membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 0743121.
21. No new Monument Pass or refunds will be issued. If a Membership Cardholder wishes to add an additional member, Cadw will ask the Membership Passholder to pay full price for an additional pass and will issue new Membership Cards accordingly.
22. Where you apply for a Monument Pass via online application or by telephone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the date of application and receive a refund of membership fees paid; provided that if you have visited any Cadw paying site(s) within that period you shall be liable to pay the applicable entry fees in respect of such visit(s).
23. Your Monument Pass is only valid as part of personal visit and will not be valid as part of an organised tour by a third party.
24. You may not use your Monument Pass for commercial benefit. improper use of the Monument Pass, will result in forfeiture of Monument Pass Card.