Free Self-led Supported Visits
Cadw offers free self-led supported visits, at Cadw staffed sites where charges are normally applied, to support qualifying organisations working with families and individuals with complex needs.
It facilitates visits to Cadw sites by:
- local authority family services teams, for individuals, families and/or groups working towards improving their circumstances.
- rehabilitation charities, such as MIND and those supporting Dementia
- agencies involved in rehabilitation following drug and alcohol dependency
- agencies supporting Back to Work initiatives
- fusion activities supporting above
- family Holiday Association organised groups
- group visits by organisations representing asylum seekers, as listed in terms and conditions.
This scheme only covers supported visits which take place outside of peak visit times. All additional fee paying public events at Cadw sites are excluded. All bookings are subject to availability and the discretion of the site.
How to book
- please ensure you have read, understand and can comply with our terms and conditions
- telephone the site to check the availability for the date you’d like to visit; please book your visit at least 5 working days in advance — less than this and although we will do our best to process your booking, we cannot guarantee a free visit
- only once you have agreed a date and time with the site, complete the online booking form
- bookings must contain the contact details of the person who will be leading the group on the day of the visit.
*If after viewing these terms and conditions you are unsure if your group qualifies for a free educational visit, or you have any further queries, please contact the Cadw Education mailbox.
The offer does not apply to Cadw joint managed sites of Carreg Cennen, Dolwyddelan, Margam Stones or Weobley Castle.