The building was opened in 1912 for the Risca Urban District Council, and remained its headquarters until it ceased to exist after local government reorganisation in 1974.
Since 1988 it has been the home of RMC, Risca Male Choir, which has gained a high reputation both in the UK and abroad.
The outside of the building is virtually unchanged, including the clock which has been renovated by the choir.
Many originally features remain, and the room which operated as the council chamber can be inspected.
The building is participating in Open Doors for the first time. The illustrated history of the choir The First Forty Years and selected CDs will be available to purchase.
Address - Risca Choir, St. Mary's Street, Risca, NP11 6GQ.
Location - fronting St. Mary's Street on the Newport to Blackwood bus route, numbers 151 and 56. Street parking available.
Also taking part in Open Doors are Risca Museum and St. Mary's Church.