According to The History of St Asaph Diocese, written in the 1870s, St Cystennin Church was thought to be founded in 338AD and dedicated to one of the Constantines. There was a chapel on the site, built by the monks of Conwy, around 1200AD. A church was built on the site in the late 15th century, and stained glass panels, dated from that time, have now been repaired and are on view in the church.
The present church was rebuilt in 1843 and is grade 2 listed.
In the graveyard are three Commonwealth War Graves.
For Open Doors, the church will be open to view the medieval stained glass windows, the registers for the church dating from the early 1600s, and other historical documents.
Address - St Cystennin Church, Cystennin Lane, Llangystennin, LL31 9JF.
Directions - in Mochdre take Station Road (signposted Llangystennin), at the junction turn right, then the church is on the right after about half a mile.
No public transport to the venue.
|Sat 10 Sep 2022||
10:00 - 16:00