Free access to Cadw sites for Timebanking volunteers
Cadw is working in partnership with 3 Time bank/credit schemes to increase the accessibility of local and national monuments across Wales to their members.
The scheme enables those who support their local communities through time giving, to spend their time visiting monuments in Cadw's care, experiencing our sites and their history, maybe for the first time.
Our offer with each partner is tailored to meet the needs of the different models of volunteering each has. Further activities and events are being explored with both as our partnerships develop.
Free entry is given into charging Cadw managed sites (except for special events where additional charges may apply) to:
- Tempo (Previously Spice) — 4 Time Credits per person / per visit
- Timebanking UK — One Voucher (worth 4 hours) per person / per visit
- Monmouthshire Housing Association (MHA) — this trial has now finished, the project is currently in discussion.
For further information about our partners and time giving:
Why not get a Time Credit group together and enjoy a day out with a difference, at one of our fun to explore Cadw sites. If you do, we ask that you call your chosen site in advance to ensure they can accommodate your group.
- Tempo — Twitter @tempo_tweets Facebook #TempoTimeCredits
- Timebaking Uk — Twitter @TimebankingUK
- MHA — Twitter @Mon_Housing Facebook @MHACommunityBuzz
If you send us a photo of your timebank day out at a Cadw site, with your permission Cadw to use it, to Cadw.email@example.com we may use it in our promotion of volunteering, Timebanking and credit visits.
Please note – the timebanking scheme offer does not apply to the Cadw Joint Managed sites of Carreg Cennen, Dolwyddelan, Margam Stones or Weobley Castle.