Timebanking Scheme Visits
Free access to Cadw sites for Timebanking volunteers
Cadw is working in partnership with 2 Time bank/credit schemes — Tempo Time Credits and Timebanking UK — to increase the accessibility of local and national monuments across Wales to their members.
The scheme enables those who support their local communities through time giving, to spend their time visiting monuments in Cadw's care, experiencing our sites and their history, maybe for the first time.
Our offer with each partner is tailored to meet the needs of the different models of volunteering each has. Further activities and events are being explored with both as our partnerships develop.
This scheme only covers supported visits which take place on weekday term-time, and subject to site pressures weekends and holidays. All additional fee paying public events at Cadw sites are excluded. All bookings are subject to availability and the discretion of the site. Please note – the timebanking scheme offer does not apply to the Cadw's joint managed sites: Carreg Cennen, Dolwyddelan, Margam Stones and Weobley Castle.
Free entry is given into charging Cadw managed sites (except for special events where additional charges may apply) to: Tempo Time Credit and Timebanking UK volunteers who have first obtained one unique voucher code (worth 4 hours) per person / per visit, from their respective organisation.
- Tempo Time Credit Volunteers: you will need to click on to the Use your Tempo Time Credits link on Tempo Time Credits website and your Tempo Time Credits will be taken from your account. Tempo Time Credits will then email you a unique code voucher. Please Speak to Tempo all Wales Programme on 029 2056 6132 if you experience issues
- Timebanking UK Volunteers: To obtain your unique code voucher you will need to contact Timebanking UK on 01453 750952.
How to book
- please ensure you have read, understand and can comply with our terms and conditions
- telephone the site to check the availability for the date you’d like to visit; please book your visit at least 3 working days in advance for individual families and 5 days for groups — less than this and although we will do our best to process your booking, we cannot guarantee a free visit
- only once you have agreed a date and time with the site, complete the online booking form — please have your Tempo Time Credits / Timebanking UK voucher code/s ready to complete this form (give all voucher codes being used by group)
- bookings must contain the contact details of the person who will be leading the group on the day of the visit
- you will need to show your unique voucher code as proof of status to the custodian at site, to match against your booking and enable entry.
For further information about our partners and time giving:
Why not get a Time Credit group together and enjoy a day out with a difference, at one of our fun to explore Cadw sites. If you do, we ask that you call your chosen site in advance to ensure they can accommodate your group.
- Tempo — Twitter @tempo_tweets Facebook #TempoTimeCredits
- Timebaking Uk — Twitter @TimebankingUK
If you send us a photo of your timebank day out at a Cadw site, with your permission Cadw to use it, to Cadw.firstname.lastname@example.org we may use it in our promotion of volunteering, Timebanking and credit visits.