This monument is open and free to visit with no pre-booking required.
Check our opening times and facilities below; please act responsibly and be respectful of the local area during your visit.
Please adhere to Welsh Government social distancing guidelines and coronavirus restrictions at all times and do not attempt to access enclosed spaces.
Ruined religious settlement laid low by Henry VIII
Founded by Carmelites (also known as the White Friars) in the 13th century, Denbigh Friary was a place of worship for both holy men and unordained laypeople. During services the congregation would be split, the friars in ornate choir stalls on the western side and the laity in a separate space to the east.
The Friary was suppressed under the orders of Henry VIII in 1538 and all that remains today are the church walls. Following its dissolution, the church found a number of other uses, including as a dwelling, wool store and malt house.
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
The key to access the Friary is available from Denbigh Castle — telephone 01745 813385
There is a returnable cash deposit to pay for the key.