Previous events held on site
- Shakespearean performances on stage in grounds
- Historical re-enactment groups
- Community led groups
Car Parking Information
No parking facilities available on site. There is a privately run car park nearby which is approximately 200 yards from the entrance to the site and can accommodate 270 cars and 10-12 coaches.
No direct vehicular access to site however vehicles can park on the street adjacent to all three access points
Access for restricted mobility
The site is generally accessible however visitors will need to be aware that access to the RWF museum and all towers is obtained by climbing spiral staircases
- Snacks are available to purchase from the gift shop.
- There are toilet facilities available however these would not be suitable for mobility impaired visitors.
- A portable induction loop and lifts are available on site.
- There are benches available on site.
- The mobile signal on site is generally good.
A premises licence (not for consumption) is held
The available space concerned would be the Basement Room in the West Tower of the King’s Gate which is estimated to measure 21 feet x 18 feet
Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships
No wedding licence held
Power facilities on site for hirers
Yes – 23amp/6h 220-240v
Water facilities on site for hirers
Yes – Mains water supply
Ground Pegs allowed?
Yes – maximum depth of 110mm - 4 inches
Any restricted areas?
Yes – Custodians Office/Stock Room and Shop. There will also be some restricted areas on the site during conservation or maintenance work.