Previous events held on site
- Living History
- Re enactments
- Son et Lumiere
Car Parking Information
The site does not have on site parking however there is a short stay pay and display car park close to the entrance. A long stay car park is located 5 minutes walk away just outside the town walls. Coaches can drop off near to the short stay car park and park at the long stay car park.
There is no vehicular access to the site
Access for restricted mobility
Castle is on high ground with access from visitor centre via timber road bridge and steep concrete ramp and steps. Wheelchairs restricted to visitor centre only unless partial use of the wheelchair needed as there are 15 steps to the castle.
- Snacks are available to purchase from the gift shop
- There are male/female toilet facilities available including facilities for those with mobility restrictions
- Portable induction loops, low counters and push assist doors are also available
- There are baby changing facilities on site
- The mobile reception across the site is fair
A premises licence (not for consumption) is held. PRS and PPL licences also held.
The interior space that can be used is called the Chapel and measures 15x15m.
Wedding Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships
No wedding licence held
Power facilities on site for hirers
Yes - 13amp power supply available at location within the castle
Water facilities on site for hirers
Ground Pegs allowed?
Yes – maximum depth of six inches
Any restricted areas?
No restricted areas except during conservation or maintenance work