Cadw is the Welsh Government’s historic environment service.
We are working for an accessible and well-protected historic environment for Wales.
We do this by:
- helping to care for our historic environment for the benefit of people today and in the future
- promoting the development of the skills that are needed to look after our historic environment properly
- helping people to cherish and enjoy our historic environment
- making our historic environment work for our economic well-being
- working with partners to achieve our common goals together.
Cadw is part of the Welsh Government’s Culture, Sport and Tourism Department and is answerable to the Deputy Minister, Lord Dafydd Elis‑Thomas, AM. The Deputy Minister published his Priorities for the Historic Environment of Wales in September 2018. We are working to achieve his ambitions through our three-year business plan.