Castle begun by Henry III in 1223 and given to Hubert de Burgh in 1228. Held by the Mortimers in the fourteenth century, it was later demolished on the order of Parliament after the Civil War.
1 April - 30 September 2019
Daily 10.00am - 6.00pm
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
For yearly opening times please click 'View all visitor information'
Family - Am ddim/Free
Senior citizens, students and children under 16 - Am ddim/Free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim/Free
Facilities and information
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Assistance dogs only
- No smoking
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
Postcode SY15 6HN
Rail Welshpool 8m (12.9km) On hill above Montgomery town centre