The Library was formerly the County Hall. It was erected in 1572 as a Shire Hall under the patronage of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, as part of his ambitious plans to become the most powerful man in the country, with Denbigh as the seat of his realm.
The building is an excellent example of early civic architecture in Wales. The original structure had a council and justice chamber above a colonnaded covered market. It was remodelled in 1780 and again more recently when it was converted to the town's library.
See www.visitdenbigh.co.uk for further details.
Address: Denbigh Library, Hall Square (High Street), Denbigh, LL16 3NU.
In the town centre. Bus stops on the High Street. Buses 51, 52 to Denbigh.