The original church was founded here by St Edwen in 640AD. The new church was built in 1856, and designed by Henry Kennedy using some of the original stone.
The church is grade II listed. The tower and spire can be seen from a wide area. Inside are numerous memorials from the 17th and 18th centuries. There is a pair of dog tongs from the 19th century. The church has been attended by some of the Marquesses of Anglesey who are buried in the churchyard. Llanedwen is regularly lit by candlelight and the 1662 Prayer Book is still in use for Sunday services.
Address - St. Edwen, Llanedwen, Anglesey, LL61 6EZ. SH 517 684
The church is situated about 1 mile down a lane leading off the A4080 about 2 miles south of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.
Wheelchair access via short ramp on request.
The church will be open and stewarded on Saturday 28 September between 11am and 3pm. A simple quiz will be available linking all six churches in the Bro Dwynwen Ministry Area.
These six churches which make up the Bro Dwynwen Ministry Area, S. W. Anglesey, will all be open on the same day. They are generally only open during service times.
There is a service bus which follows the route - no. 42 or 42A, Gwynfor’s Coaches, Bangor to Llangefni. Llanidan and Llangeinwen are accessible on this route (please ask the driver to stop at the church) but, for Llanfairpwll, Llanedwen, Llanfair yn y Cwmwd and Newborough, there is a reasonably long walk from the A4080.
|Sat 28 Sep 2019||
11:00 - 15:00