The original church dates from about 15th century and is situated near the Menai Strait. The present church of St. Nidan was completed in 1841, and is grade II listed.
Two bells from the old church, one from 14th and one from 15th century, hang in the castellated tower which houses a clock which faces both west and east. The cylindrical font on an octagonal base is believed to be from 13th century and presumably from the old church.
In the churchyard, next to the north wall of the church, is the grave of Sir Ellis Jones Ellis-Griffiths (1860-1926) who was raised in Brynsiencyn and was Liberal MP for Anglesey from 1893 – 1918. He was one of those responsible for promoting the 1914 Act, which led to the disestablishment of the Anglican Church in Wales in 1920.
Address - St. Nidan’s Church, Llanidan (Brynsiencyn), Anglesey, LL61 6TT. SH 489674
The church stands on the A4080 as you enter Brynsiencyn from Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.
Wheelchair access via ramp on request.
The church will be open and stewarded on Saturday 28 September between 10am and 4pm. Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be served and a simple quiz will be available linking all six churches in the Bro Dwynwen Ministry Area.
These six churches which make up the Bro Dwynwen Ministry Area, S. W. Anglesey, will all be open on the same day. They are generally only open during service times.
There is a service bus which follows the route - no. 42 or 42A, Gwynfor’s Coaches, Bangor to Llangefni. Llanidan and Llangeinwen are accessible on this route (please ask the driver to stop at the church) but, for Llanfairpwll, Llanedwen, Llanfair yn y Cwmwd and Newborough, there is a reasonably long walk from the A4080.
|Sat 28 Sep 2019||
10:00 - 16:00