Currently, Hafoty Medieval House can only be viewed externally.
From timber to stone
The substantial white-painted stone building we see before us today was originally a timber-framed house probably built in the 14th century (it’s recorded as Bodiordderch, the ‘House of Iordderch’, in 1352).
It was later encased in stone and saw modification and restoration in the 19th and late 20th centuries, though its medieval layout remains. It passed through the hands of important local families — the Norres and the Bulkeleys — and by 1585 was described as a (summer) dairy house or hafoty.
After a distance of 0.75 miles parking can be found on the right hand side of the lane by way of a rough pull in, just before the farm entrance lane to the left.