The marquess of Bute’s Gothic creation at Castell Coch, with its colourful interior and beautiful woodland setting, is ideal for intimate ceremonies.
Ceremonies are held in the drawing room which holds a maximum of 30 guests.
- consultation by appointment with custodian
- free recce of the drawing room for the bridal party (by pre-arrangement only)
- bench seating set-up theatre style with central aisle by custodial staff
- wedding photography in pre–arranged areas
- access is for a maximum of 90 minutes.
The charges for 2021 are as follows:
- Monday to Friday £695
- Saturday and Sunday £820
Cadw reserves the right to charge a conditional refundable bond. These will be supplied when an application has been made. Charges are including VAT.
Castell Coch can potentially accommodate two weddings a day, depending on timings, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, for a maximum of 90 minutes each. Castell Coch is only available for a civil ceremony. There are no facilities for a function.
For health and safety reasons the maximum number of guests must include the two registrars, the wedding couple, the photographer and any musicians present. Available dates and times may vary depending on seasonal opening hours.
Please note that Castell Coch is closed in January.
How to Book
We can accept bookings for the hire of Castell Coch up to 13 months in advance of the date. For example, bookings for any date in June 2022 can be taken from the first working day in May 2021.
Please check that a registrar is available to conduct the ceremony before making a provisional booking. This can be done through the Cardiff Registry Office —Telephone: 029 2087 1680/4.
To book Castell Coch for your wedding
- contact our on-site team to check availability for your chosen date
- complete our online application form and agree to our terms & conditions
- submit a 50% deposit on agreement of your application.
Contact our Castell Coch team
Telephone: 02920 810101