Plas Mawr Weddings
Plas Mawr Elizabethan Townhouse, Conwy, was built between 1576 and 1585 at the heart of the medieval town’s narrow cobbled streets. It is probably the best-preserved Elizabethan townhouse in Britain.
The interior, with its elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, reflects the wealth and opulence of the Tudor gentry in Wales. The house, courtyards and garden, have been painstakingly restored, and provide a unique backdrop for photography.
Each licensed area can accommodate a maximum of 40 guests.
- consultation by appointment with custodian
- free recce for the bridal party (by pre-arrangement only)
- bench seating set up herringbow style with central aisle
- wedding photography in pre-arranged areas
- access is for a maximum of 90 minutes.
The charges for 2022 are as follows:
- Monday to Friday £685
- Saturday and Sunday £835
Cadw reserves the right to charge a conditional refundable bond. These will be supplied when an application has been made. Charges include VAT.
There are two areas available for civil ceremonies, the hall located on ground floor and the great chamber located on the first floor, accessed by a narrow wooden staircase.
For health and safety reasons the maximum number of guests must include the two registrars, the wedding couple, the photographer and any musicians present. Available dates and times may vary depending on seasonal opening hours.
Please note that Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House is closed from November to March.
How to Book
We can accept bookings for the hire of Plas Mawr up to 13 months in advance of the date. For example, bookings for any date in June 2023 can be taken from the first working day in May 2022.
Please check that a registrar is available to conduct your ceremony before making a provisional booking. This can be done through the Conwy County Borough Council Registration Services — Telephone: 01492 576624.
To book Plas Mawr for your wedding
- contact our on-site team to check availability for your chosen date
- complete our online application form and agree to our terms & conditions
- submit a 50% deposit on agreement of your application.
Contact our Plas Mawr team
Telephone: 01492 580167