Tretower Court Weddings
Tretower Court in the Brecon Beacons National Park is a restored medieval courtyard house built by Sir Roger Vaughan in the fifteenth century, and provides an exceptionally romantic setting for your civil wedding or partnership ceremony.
Magnificent timberwork survives in the northern and western ranges, with later Classical-style windows dating to the 1630s. There is also a recreated fifteenth-century garden that provides a beautiful tranquil setting for photographic memories of your special day.
- consultation by appointment with custodian
- free recce of the licensed areas for civil ceremonies for the bridal party (by pre-arrangement only)
- bench seating set-up theatre style with central aisle by custodial staff
- wedding photography in pre-arranged areas
- access is for a maximum of 90 minutes.
The charges for 2022 are as follows:
- Monday to Friday £685
- Saturday and Sunday £835
Cadw reserves the right to charge a conditional refundable bond. These will be supplied when an application has been made. Charges include VAT.
There are three areas within the court that are available for your ceremony; the great hall is located at ground level and accessed via the cobbled courtyard. The two other rooms are located on the first-floor level accessible by stairs only. The great hall and upper west range (below) can accommodate 60 people, with the north range apartments up to 100 people. Times may vary depending on seasonal opening hours.
Please note that Tretower Court and Castle is open daily from April to October and from Thursday–Sunday November to March.
How to Book
We can accept bookings for the hire of Tretower up to 13 months in advance of the date. For example, bookings for any date in June 2023 can be taken from the first working day in May 2022.
Please check that a registrar is available to conduct the ceremony before making a provisional booking; this can be done through the Brecon Registry Office – Telephone 0345 602 7038 / 01597 827468
To book your Tretower Court wedding
- contact our on-site team to check availability for your chosen date
- complete our online application form and agree to our terms & conditions
- submit a 50% deposit on agreement of your application.
Contact our Tretower Court team
Telephone: 01874 730279