A weekend of medieval fun and mayhem with the good people of Bowlore!
Spend the weekend with Bowlore at Caerphilly Castle learning archery and sword skills, as well as watching weapons displays and demonstrations. Plus see Caerphilly Castle’s mighty Siege Engines being fired twice during the day.
Two archery shows; a weapons show; have-a-go archery; Sword School; and hands-on weapons and armour display throughout the day.
Heart-stopping moments guarantee to make this a weekend you will never forget!
Dates, times and prices
27 Apr - 28 Apr 2019
11am - 4pm
Adult - £8.90
Family - £25.70*
Member - Am ddim / free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim / free
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 18
Senior Citizen - £7.10
Student and children under 16 - £5.30
Facilities and information
- 02920 883143
- Disabled visitors can be dropped off by car at the main entrance
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- A toilet is available for users with a disability and limited mobility
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website
Postcode CF83 1JD
Road A468 (from Newport), M4 (J32), A470, A469 (from Cardiff).
Rail 1km/0.6mls Caerphilly, on the Cardiff-Bargoed Rhymney route.
Bus Opposite, Caerphilly/Islwyn No 26, Cardiff-Caerphilly/Tredegar.
Bike NCN Route No.4 (200m/219yards).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50.