1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 December - come and see Father Christmas in our grotto at the Ironworks this Christmas - and make unique memories for the whole family!
English and Welsh sessions available. Pre-booking essential - please ring the site for more information and to book your place on 01495 792615
£5 per child to enter the grotto, including a gift. Normal free entry to the Ironworks site on the day for all visitors, including free Christmas trail.
Last entry 3.30pm.
The grotto is situated within the site.
Dates, times and prices
01 Dec - 23 Dec 2018
11am - 4pm
Adult - Am Ddim/Free*
Family - Am Ddim/Free*
Senior citizens, students and children under 16 - Am Ddim/Free*
Member - Am Ddim/Free*
Disabled and companion - Am Ddim/Free*
*There will be a £5 charge for each child, which will include a gift. Entry into the site will be free for all visitors as usual, but entry into the grotto will incur this additional charge.
Facilities and information
- 01495 792615
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- A toilet is available for users with a disability and limited mobility
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website
- Visitors using wheelchairs or who have mobility or balance issues may find the ground conditions throughout the ironworks difficult to negotiate due to the nature of the surfacing material
Postcode NP4 9RQ
Road Via A4043, follow signs to Big Pit Mining Museum and Blaenavon Ironworks.
Rail 12km/8mls, Pontypool and New Inn, on the Manchester/Liverpool-Pontypool/Cardiff route.
Bus 3km/2mls, route X24 from Newport via Cwmbran, Pontypool and Varteg.
Bike NCN Route No.46 (600m/656yrds).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries 03457 48 49 50.