Re-live the tumultuous times of the Civil War, with Roundheads versus Cavaliers in the castle, complete with cannon and muskets!
This Easter, the Marquess of Winchester’s Regiment of the King’s Army will be in residence at Caerphilly Castle with four days of battles, cannons and muskets.
Witness changing of the guard, drill and a host of living history activities throughout the castle, as well as regular skirmishes between the Royalists and the Parliamentarians, with a detachment of dragoon guards and artillery men.
Choose your side … wisely ...
Dates, times and prices
19 Apr - 22 Apr 2019
11am - 4pm
Adult - £8.90
Family - £25.70*
Member - Am ddim / free
Disabled and companion - Am ddim / free
Student and children under 16 - £5.30
Senior Citizen - £7.10
*Admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16
Facilities and information
- 02920 883143
- Disabled visitors can be dropped off by car at the main entrance
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads welcome
- No smoking
- A toilet is available for users with a disability and limited mobility
- Please do not feed bread products to the birds. Bread is harmful to the birds.
- Cadw do not allow drone flying from or over its guardianship sites, except by contractors commissioned for a specific purpose, who satisfy stringent CAA criteria, have the correct insurances and are operating under controlled conditions.
- This site is registered on the No Fly Drone website
Postcode CF83 1JD
Road A468 (from Newport), M4 (J32), A470, A469 (from Cardiff).
Rail 1km/0.6mls Caerphilly, on the Cardiff-Bargoed Rhymney route.
Bus Opposite, Caerphilly/Islwyn No 26, Cardiff-Caerphilly/Tredegar.
Bike NCN Route No.4 (200m/219yards).
For further information, please contact: Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 or National Rail Enquiries on 03457 48 49 50.