Skip to main content

Ruthin Freemasons invite you to view the Temple, which is upstairs in the Cloisters behind St Peter’s Church.

The Old Cloisters date from 1310. It wasn’t until 1646 that the first evidence of an English Freemason was recorded with the Initiation of Elias Ashmole in Warrington.

Freemasonry came to Ruthin when The Gabriel Goodman Masonic Lodge was consecrated in October 1923, and they met in The Castle Hotel, before moving to Goodman’s Stone School in January 1924. They eventually moved to The Old Cloisters in September 1957 when the current Masonic Temple was dedicated, and where meetings have been held ever since.

Address - The Old Cloisters, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1BW.

The Old Cloisters is located behind St Peter's Church in the centre of Ruthin. 
Ruthin is served by bus routes from the north (Rhyl and Denbigh), from Wrexham and from Mold.

The Masonic Lodge is reached by two flights of stairs.


Prices

Free

Times

Day Times
Sat 10 Sep 2022
12:00 - 16:00
Sun 11 Sep 2022
12:00 - 16:00