We’ve teamed up with Transport for Wales to offer people travelling to Cadw sites by train — 2 for the price of 1 entry to our staffed sites — supporting people who travel sustainably to our sites.
Simply show your valid train ticket when you arrive at site and you’ll get your cheapest individual ticket free.
Terms and conditions:
- the Promotion is open to all adults aged 18 or over.
- the offer is available to anyone who has a train ticket valid for a relevant journey when they visit any of the listed paid staffed Cadw sites
- the train ticket must be valid for that day. This can include season valid season tickets, returns, open returns, weekly passes, rovers and rangers, carnet/multiflex and off peak. Tickets displayed on mobile devices and retail receipts will also be accepted
- tickets for non-Transport for Wales services will also be accepted, but excluding train tickets from heritage or scenic railway
- a valid train ticket will allow one person to gain free entry to the selected Cadw site, when accompanied by another person paying the applicable Cadw entry charge. The valid train ticket must be presented at the point of purchase of entry to the Cadw site
- this train ticket special offer is not applicable to single person entry to a Cadw site. For groups of more than two persons, further valid train tickets are required, one for every two people seeking to benefit from this 2-for-1 offer. Train ticket special offer access to Cadw sites is entirely at the discretion of Cadw staff. Transport for Wales takes no responsibility for non-admission to Cadw sites
- transport for Wales normal terms and conditions for exchange, replacement or refund of train tickets remains unchanged. Refunds will not be made due to the inability to benefit from this Cadw offer.
Not valid in conjunction with any other offers.
Cadw, Welsh Government, Ty’r Afon, Bedwas Road, Caerphilly. CF83 8WT
The Promotion is applicable for the following Cadw sites:
- Beaumaris Castle
- Blaenavon Ironworks
- Caerleon Roman Fortress Baths
- Caernarfon Castle
- Caerphilly Castle
- Castell Coch
- Chepstow Castle
- Cilgerran Castle
- Conwy Castle
- Criccieth Castle
- Denbigh Castle
- Harlech Castle
- Kidwelly Castle
- Laugharne Castle
- Oxwich Castle
- Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House
- Raglan Castle
- Rhuddlan Castle
- Rug Chapel
- St Davids Bishop's Palace
- Tintern Abbey
- Tretower Court and Castle
- Valle Crucis Abbey
*Joint managed sites not included are:
Carreg Cennen Castle, Dolwyddelan Castle, Margam Stones Museum and Weobley Castle.